Wednesday 11 May 2011

Public Service Announcement

I have spent the last 30 minutes typing a line and deleting it, just to come up with the most attractive one that would make one continue reading this. Well, I bet this is the best I could manage. I never thought blogging could be this tricky. Sigh.

I have decided to do a blog for a number of reasons. Chief of them being, I felt jealous of the established Kenyan bloggers. I spent the better part of last year reading blogs of other people. That kinda stirred me to take this step (though I wasn’t told it was hard!!). These guys make it appear so effortless. I admire the language and sense of humour that some of these guys have. I won’t mention no names in my first blog post! that’s how idiosyncratic *daraaah, big word alert!* I am. Plus I feel some of you might run off from here before you finish reading this post.

*after another 30 mins*

Second, it has dawned on me that I am getting more and more unattached to social networking sites. Gone are the days when I could stay in MKZ’s inbox late into the night, exchanging inboxes with ‘xwities’. I must have either graduated from that isht (where is the cert?) or I got hit in the head so hard that those skills disappeared. Then I joined twitter (@rodgersnatb). Btw if you haven’t joined twitter, then truckloads of fun pass you by every day and I recommend you sue yourself for fun-blocking yourself. I am still on twitter but very hushed as compared to the early when I joined it. Maybe I must be having a shorter attention span than the other Homo sapiens. Anyways it feels like a divine calling by the omnipotent forces in the blogosphere (hehe) to fulfil my dream (a big amen anyone?)

Third, I completed my 8-4-4 a couple of weeks ago (nice idea for a post right?) and me felt I should get onto doing something to keep me busy when I am not busy. I am usually busy being an active member of Kenya tarmacers Inc. This would be a good platform for air my frustrations now that the Grand Canyon is not exactly in close proximity to my home (big bang theory, Sheldon cooper). I should start with PWC, mlinilenga nkt!. Hata sikuwa ninaitaka saaana, niliforciwa kuapply na roomie (waruup Funk!!! hehe). Kwanza wanafanyisha watu kazi kama punda. Anyhue, Good luck Tosh, they liked your name more than mine.

Last and definitely least, this will be the platform that I will use to tell the world about my 1 shilling worth of views, thoughts and ideas. This whole thing is about me, me and me.

So far so good.

By now you should have noticed that am not that excellent a writer. Nonetheless I shall carry on, persist, continue*insert similar words with a Luther king’s voice*)......till I overcome. Grammarnazis, piss off.

The guy to write the posts? His name is NATB. The least you know about him, the better (not even the meaning of the initials). Let’s just say he is my alter ego.

That’s enough for today.

*Walks away whistling welcome to the world- T.I*

No comments:

Post a Comment