Tuesday 27 December 2011

My 2012 to do list

So we are about to reach the end of the year and just like a typical human being I will have to look forward to making new year resolutions which I will end up totally forgetting about by January 15th. I think the whole point of making resolutions is to give your ass raison d'ĂȘtre to look forward to the New Year. After January 15th you will not be having a incentive to face the year. This year has been fulfilling enough for me but not because I achieved whatever I had planned for in January. It is purely by the grace of God, (PS: grace means unmerited favour). The only resolution that I happen to remember from January is to listen to Eminem’s I’m not afraid as many times as possible and live by it. Well, am yet to master the words and am very scared of a lot of shit that I’m not supposed to. This time I will not call them resolutions, they will just be things to do….
Blithe Natb, blithe
I am one hell of a cautious guy. I will have to look right left right left right left and right again before I cross the road. I mean not literally. I take a great deal of scrutiny before doing something. I am that footballer who never risks ambitious passes and through balls. It may not be evident in my day to day life because I take a great deal of effort to conceal it. I have never been good at taking risks; I compensate that with worrying least. I never worry about lots of stuff because I am assured that it’s ok coz I never take risks. Risks come with adrenalin, this year I will have to take ‘em risks even if it means bungee jumping
Read more books
My reading habits have gone past ‘to the dogs’ stage. These days I do not read even a newspaper. No wonder I am getting lots of spelling mistakes as I write this post. I am yet to know how the working class manage to read so many books in a month. If you have the formular please holla at me. I have never read even the bible since clearing campus. I remember writing a post here about the need to read more. Well, it seems it was the proverbial dasani water that I passed over to you as I gulped down yokozuna. Some uncle of mine gave me the following books as graduation presents: The Great Controversy, A Christian Youth Lifestyle, Steps To Christ, The Fruit Of The Spirit And The AIDS Pandemic. I shall be seriously reading on 31st December as y’all will be merrying.
Take more fruits, I mean fruits not soda
I only remember that fruits are essential to my body when I am sick. I was never sick this year and that means that I took very minimal fruits. To me fruits include mangoes and apples only. I am retarded right? (Note to myself: soda is not a fruit. Soda is not a fruit). I have taken it to my devices to replace fruits with soda in my diet. I am tempted to include water in the fruits list. I take very small quantities. Not unless I am swallowing some tablets when am sick.
Go out the more
I never go out. I mean like a night out in a club or something. The only thing that will drag me to such places is football. I do not need the other hand to count the number of times I went out in this year. That is a feat that will be applauded by my parents or that church-going-secretly-having-a crush-on-natb damsel. I am getting scared that one day I am going to wake up and find grey hair on my head. Or worse, kibaki-esque Mohawk. My moves are very ’69, definitely not like those of njaga.
Gym it
This is totally a plot to make me get more head than shampoo. I am fit, I walk daily from Ngara to town and fro. With a little gym session I will be able to untuck my six pack and there will be an official declaration of the ‘cuff your chick’ season. Guys, don’t say that I never told you.
Verbalize the mind
I started this shamba to speak those things that my mind tells me but my mouth disagrees. I have done a good job so far, right? My mind says no. Why? There are those subjects I have successfully scrapped from my notes. But that’s not the issue here. I am that guy who rather swallows the hurt and lets it injure my intestines instead of telling you that you have hurt me. That sucks. Sucks more than a straw. I guess I picked it when I was little or something. I intend to drop it. It is fun when reflecting on a scene you caused the previous night at a friend’s mum’s birthday party. God, I wish I had the ability to do that.
Bring back MKZ.
I am not kidding I am going to open a new mkz account and, you know, see how it feels. I miss the bullshit. Waking up to wish somebody a happy birthday. ‘nakuru here I come…’. ‘Xaxa xwie’. I have kinda lost my twitter mojo. My gods tell me that if I get back to mkz, I will get super irritated by the general lameness of that village that mr.mojo will spring out of wherever he is wanking himself off.
Fix that bathroom light
It’s been two months of no light in my bathroom. I am such a lazy bastard. There is this bulb right outside my bathroom that offers enough lighting not to bother with my bulb. If that ‘borrowed’ light gets snatched away one cold morning, I will be in trouble. I should be given an award for best procatinator. Atleast I should be entered to the draw.
Happy and prosperous new year folks.
Boombox playlist:
Avicii – Levels (Skrillex remix)


2 comments:

  1. Fix that light...How else will I see what we're working with? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's true Noelle...i will

    ReplyDelete